Barbara Kingsolver is one of my favorite writers. She is an amazing mix of author and environmentalist - and she knows her stuff. I'm amazed at the level of detail in her novels and they way she weaves the natural world into the stories she tells. High Tide in Tucson is a collection of essays that deal with everything from her pet hermit crab to the time she spent living abroad. Though this isn't my favorite genre of hers, I would happily read anything that has Kingsolver's name on it. If you've never read her before, start with one of her novels, Prodigal Summer is one of her newer works that I loved. I've still got some of her novels to read, so I'm sure you'll see more on here from her. Happy Reading!
LOOKING FOR AN UPDATE?
In an effort to simplify things in my life for a while, I have decided to stop updating this blog for at least a few months. Instead, I will include information about what I'm reading on my other blog. I hope you'll join me there!
March 25, 2008
High Tide in Tuscon
Barbara Kingsolver is one of my favorite writers. She is an amazing mix of author and environmentalist - and she knows her stuff. I'm amazed at the level of detail in her novels and they way she weaves the natural world into the stories she tells. High Tide in Tucson is a collection of essays that deal with everything from her pet hermit crab to the time she spent living abroad. Though this isn't my favorite genre of hers, I would happily read anything that has Kingsolver's name on it. If you've never read her before, start with one of her novels, Prodigal Summer is one of her newer works that I loved. I've still got some of her novels to read, so I'm sure you'll see more on here from her. Happy Reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment